A collection of the most influential diagrams explaining Social Media
After we needed to explain to a client (again) the difference between “Social Media” and Twitter or Facebook, site Beg to Differ went out looking for diagrams to show the range. And boy did we ever. The SlideShare deck below includes the 6 examples we found including entries from consulting heavyweights like Brian Solis and Robert Scoble…
But be warned: these diagrams are pretty geeky
So if you have a low tolerance for dense, for sale logo-heavy graphics with more than a smattering of techno-speak here are the take-aways:
- “Social Media” includes a huge and growing range of Web-driven conversation tools;
- As Social Media gets more diverse, see sub-genres are defining – and re-defining – themselves;
- There are many ways of viewing this universe; but
- There’s still a lot of noise… clarity is hard to find.
- But it is possible. See example #6 below.